Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Day 88: Hump and Bump Day

You know, I've had such weird thoughts going through my mind since the decision was made yesterday to end this life as I know it in a few short months. Your mind just suddenly becomes alive, ironically, for the first time in your life as soon as you know your life will soon be over.

At least I have the luxury of knowing, right?

So anyway, my thoughts soon turned to my family. Of course - my family. They're all still alive and kicking. I hadn't even given it a single thought; not one single thought as to how my family would be affected by this arbitrary decision that I just pulled out of my ass a few days ago. How would they react? My parents - the ones who brought me into this world and cared for me throughout my early years. How would they feel when the daughter they sacrificed so much for just decided to errantly end her life? I began thinkin
g about my mother, specifically, knowing that she had - a few years back - dealt with the suicide of a close friend. She would visit the friend's mom to try to find comfort in the incident, but the mom had lost touch of reality completely. I recall how people around her kept hoping and wishing that she would pull through, not really understanding the stigma around what she was facing.

She ended up getting over it, I guess. She still lives in the psychiatric facility that she was checked into 5 years ago, though.



But hey - this isn't about my family. It's about me.

So, I've decided that, moving forward, I will no longer have those negative thoughts about how it may affect others. I've made the decision - it's all for and about me, and for and about nobody else.

It's so amazing how one can be so pragmatic and practical about decisions once they've freed their minds of the burdens of life.

This is going to be fun, guys! Hold on tight!

No comments: